A new found love for the underestimated superfood “Kale” and inspiration for a non-traditional pesto, easy as 1,2,3. Makes enough for 2 small jars. Delicious and healthy!
- 3 handful curly kale washed and chopped without stem
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- ½ cup almonds chopped coarsely
- ½ cup parmesan grated or shaved
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper freshly ground
- In a food processor, add kale and whizz up for 30 secs.
- Add almonds, parmesan, zest, juice, garlic, oil, salt and pepper. Whizz to a paste.
- Transfer pesto into jar or container for storing.
- Cover the surface with a little olive oil as this will keep well in the fridge for up to 1 week.
My serving suggestions
- Perfect served as condiment with your preferred crackers, thin wafers or crusty bread
- Stir through your favorite pasta
- Makes a great topping for your salmon or chicken